All photography provided by Michelle Snow
Chiropractic is a conservative health care approach which aims to restore the proper functional movement of the joints and muscles in the body through the use of chiropractic adjustments, soft tissue mobilization and physiotherapy modalities.
Chiropractors are primary care professionals for spinal health and well-being.
At Ascend Chiropractic LLC, we aim to help you take control of your health and restore proper movement so you can reclaim your life. We want you to live your life to the fullest and reach your personal health goals so we provide you with personalized treatment plans to assist you in climbing to your potential along your health journey.
- Diversified: A method of chiropractic adjusting that utilizes a variety of manual procedures to improve the functional movement of your joints.
- Thompson: A method of chiropractic adjusting that utilizes a drop away piece on the chiropractic table to improve functional joint movement through a gentler approach.
- Myofascial Release Technique: A method of soft tissue work that targets the muscles and fascial tissue to decrease tissue tightness and improve functional muscular movement.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization: A method of soft tissue work that targets the muscles and fascial tissue through the use of a metal instrument which glides across the skin's surface to decrease tissue tightness.
- RockTape Application: A method of kinesiology taping that targets the soft tissues through various applications to reduce inflammation, increase functional movement and improve athletic performance.
We offer these various treatment methods to provide you with efficient, personalized care for your condition and treatments that make you comfortable and relaxed during your visits.
TYPES OF PAIN
- Low Back Pain: This is one of the most common conditions treated by chiropractors. There are various causes of low back pain including, but not limited to, muscular irregularities/injuries, vertebral disc herniations, inflammation and improper functional movement of the spinal joints.
- Sciatic Pain and Numbness: This condition can best be described as pain and/or numbness radiating from the low back down the back of one or both legs to a point below the knee. It is commonly caused by low back vertebral disc herniation or tightness of the piriformis muscle in the gluteal region. However, other causes of this pain presentation are possible.
- Neck Pain: This is another common condition treated by chiropractors. Neck pain is usually caused by muscular injuries or tightness, inflammation, improper posture or improper functional movement of the spinal joints. Other causes of this pain presentation, such as vertebral disc herniations, are possible.
- Headaches and Migraines: Headaches of varying degrees can be caused by multiple conditions. Chiropractors can evaluate for the cause of headaches and successfully treat headaches stemming from musculoskeletal issues. If any indications of non-musculoskeletal causes of headache are present upon examination, Dr. Snow will refer the patient to the proper medical provider for patient care.
- Sports Injuries: Ascend Chiropractic examines, diagnosis and treats conditions caused by injuries from professional and recreational athletics. Treatment is tailored to the type and severity of the individual injury with the goal of you returning to your optimal functional performance.